Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Z Rock Fest?
STARFIRE

Keyboardist, Guitarist & Vocalist
Road Crew
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
26911198 Gender: Male dairennl STARFIRE Official Website dairenn dairennlombard dairennlmbrd Location: North Hollywood, CA; USA Birthday: 06/05
Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I'm seeing a ton of ads for the Z Rock Fest and have been told they're selling tickets but I don't hear anyone talking about it. Apparently Paul Sabu is headlining? Anybody been? Anyone going? What's the buzz about this festival?

Rock on,
Dairenn Lombard
Recording Artist
STARFIRE
Amazon.com | Facebook
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Gender: Male Woody's Rock Reviews Location: Deepest Darkest Black Country
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 10
Hi, I'm going to Z Rock.....

I don't know how well tickets are selling, but the organiser is stating they are seeling well especially for the Saturday with Paul Sabu headlining and ofcourse Prophet. I'll be shocked if the turn out is not massiveley increased this year, last year had a horrendously low turn out. There does seem to be more of a buzz this year, mostly down to Paul Sabu and Prophet's apperances i would say.

I'm looking forward to most bands playing and for hardcore/undergorund Melodic Rock fans it's a pretty tasty line-up.

Woody

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
Is there a definite setlist for the festival? I heard that some bands canceled their shows ...

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 10
Well with Z Rock you never know!!!!...

The most recent cancellation has all been resolved and Michael Bormann is now playing, he also fronts Redrum. So had he pulled out it would have meant two bands out.

cancellation wise...

Vanden Plas pulled out due to illness - that days openers were Aftermath and they were playing as part of the VP deal so they left when VP left

D'ercole couldn't get approved for work visa's.

Von Groove were dropped by Z cause Michael Shotton wasn't replying to important emails and calls.

Tony Mills was announced ages ago and pulled not long after, i believe Tony pulled out for personal reasons. If Tony pulled out for any less than amicable reasons it's not public knowledge.....

the line-up should be......

Day 1
Paul Sabu
Prophet
Arabia
Legion
Redrum
Stampede

Day 2
Michael Bormann
Dynazty
Newman
Bai Bang
Paul Sabu (2nd Set)
Hush
Summers
Wildside Riot
Scream Arena

Woody

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Hi Woody,

How was it?

LeChef

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Berny: You should be worried about the competition (professional DVD filming at Z-Rock) ...

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Are you talking about the gentleman who operated a broomstick with a camera attached to it? Don't get me going ...

Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
Well Berny no Z Rock is boring.....hahahaha....more head in hand moments and mutterings of 'Only at Z' than ya can shake a shitty stick at....

I can't say i didn't have a great weekend! met some great people and enjoyed some great live music. next to no one there though....

Unfortuntley the whole festival was beleagured with problems, whatever could go wrong did go wrong at times, technical hitchs, missing equipment, musicians in road accidents or in the case of Bai Bang a drummer buggering off home. not forgeting the shortened sets and things running well out of order....

I knew the camera guy would become an internet sensation as soon as i saw him with his stick.......i wish someone had advised mark against this.....fooking laughed my ass off when i got home to see the photo of him in action floating about on facebook you'll be pleased to know he ditched the stick the following day and carried the camera in his hand......yes it was the one off the end of the stick....

On one hand it's sad that is the last Z Rock as it's another nail in the genre's live scene coffin......but it just isn't worth it, it must be like swimming against the tide been part of the Z team.

i got talking to a bird who was with Michael Bormann's entourage, and i discovered some really saddening things. Bormann despite techincal hitches was a true pro and you wouldn't have had a clue, of what was going on behind the smile. The guy also beleieves he has no fans in england, which simply isn't true if ever he get the call from FF he'll see and hear that! Really thinking of starting a Bormann for FF 2013 campaign.

I'm in the process of doing a proper review of the whole thing.....still recouping from the weekend though! hahaha....

oh and discovered a very tasty rumour of an upcoming tour.....to which i said thats sounds good i'll try to get to the midlands date for that one......the response from the person who told me was a definite "Oh you'll be there, cause if it happens it WILL be here!".....

although i love getting to as many gigs as possible, this one will probably have me going nuts especially with it's midlands leg happening @ The Robin!!!!!

Woody

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 20
Thanks for the detailed report Woody! I must admit that I feel sorry for the Z-Rock team, just imagine the horrors they had to go through during those two days. It's so easy to ridicule something from the comfort of one's home and whilst I do not know Alger and the rest of the crew, I am sure they tried to give their best ...

On the other hand, I couldn't believe what I saw when a fellow Rocktopian sent me this photo ...

Last Edit: 2012/05/08 21:13 By Berny.
Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Re:Z Rock Fest? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
thats the one! hahaha!

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site