Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...345678910
TOPIC: Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia
melodicrock

Groupie
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
No need to apologize, Berny... it's not a big deal.

And yeah, jokes often come over the wrong way on the internet... it's hard to express your intentions well when you're not standing face-to-face. I've had that happen to me too, on multiple occasions. So don't worry about it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 20
melodicrock wrote:

And yeah, I know about the pro-shot ones... I was there for all of them, and I own them all on DVD (plus a few others that you didn't mention, such as the legendary Jimi Jamison... and I hope I can add a few more DVDs to that collection after the upcoming Final Fling).

I hope my video productions are better than my jokes ...

What's your favourite Firefest DVD?

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
melodicrock

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
My favorite Firefest DVD? Do you mean in terms of camera angles, sound & video quality, etc, or in terms of the artist's performance?

With regard to the latter, my favorites are definitely Jimi Jamison (2011) and Jeff Scott Soto (Live at the Gods 2002). Their stage presence, performance and energy on stage is incredible. Then again, I also really like the performances from House of Shakira (2005), FM (2008), Valentine (2008) and Mitch Malloy (2009). Basically, I'm very happy with each and every Firefest DVD that is released.

Unfortunately, my least favorite DVD would have to be Harem Scarem (Live at the Gods 2002)... they are excellent musicians, but their live show/stage presence is just boring. Their "Rare and Raw" performance (at Firefest 2008) wasn't much better... but at least that DVD set has quite a bit of bonus material. But as we were there on both occasions, it's still a nice memory to have. And they're great on CD

And I know it's not your decision which shows to record and release, but after this upcoming weekend I would love to see DVDs from From The Fire, CITA/Guild of Ages, and Firefest houseband H.E.A.T (Erik has grown so much over the past years, and his performance is incredible, so imho this would be a good time for a live DVD). Then again, DVDs from Danger Danger, Firehouse, Pretty Maids, Ten and others would definitely be welcome too!

PS: if there's one little change I can recommend for the DVD, then please fix the low resolution on the Firefest intro trailer. That resolution just doesn't fit in these modern times.

Last Edit: 2014/09/18 09:11 By melodicrock.
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Thanks for your comments. One thing that really interests me: What's your favourite DVD in terms of camera angles, sound & video quality?

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
melodicrock wrote:
PS: if there's one little change I can recommend for the DVD, then please fix the low resolution on the Firefest intro trailer. That resolution just doesn't fit in these modern times.

Interesting comment. Why do you think the FF intro looks 'low-res' when compared to the rest of the footage?

Best regards,

B.

Last Edit: 2014/09/21 00:00 By Berny.
melodicrock

Groupie
graphgraph
If you watch the Firefest intro trailer (the letters with the flames) on a high resolution screen, you can see lots of blocks in the flames. Once the following trailers (eg the Transistor trailer) start, it's not so blocky anymore.
But the blocky images in that Firefest intro trailer have always disturbed me, and over the years this hasn't changed.

As for best video in terms of recording quality, camera angles etc... that's tough... it's been quite a while since I last watched some of those videos, and I would have to do a side-by-side comparison to give you my well founded opinion here.
So based on the videos I've watched not too long ago... maybe I'm just biased, but once again I really like the setup that was used on the Jimi Jamison video. Video quality is clear, the sound quality is very good, even overall the lighting is good for the recording. And the images from the different camera angles are very good as well. My only problem with this video is that on several occasions I don't understand/like the logic behind switching to a certain camera angle... eg why would you switch to the bass player the moment Jimi starts singing, or switch to the drummer during the guitar solo? But then, those are minor points of critique.
Overall, I'm actually quite content with most of the Firefest/Gods videos I own.

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Thanks @ melodicrock & apologies for my late reply.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll make sure to correct the issue with the FF intro trailer *should* we film any DVDs at the "Final Fling" ... but this seems to be unlikely.

melodicrock

Groupie
graphgraph
No DVDs at all from Final Fling? Damn, that sucks. With such an awesome line-up, and a completely sold-out event, that's very sad news.

Not even Ten on Friday? Back when the line-ups were announced, it was said that they "intend to use this opportunity to film their first ever Live DVD". Did they change their mind, or are there other issues at play here that prevent this from happening?

You're probably not the right person to ask, but given this, do you think it's okay if I record a couple of shows with my own camera (for personal use only, ofcourse, I don't intend to sell them)?

Last Edit: 2014/10/05 08:56 By melodicrock.
BLM

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
No, no filming of full sets will be tolerated. For sure people film certain songs on mobile phones (which IMHO is pointless). There will be some official bootlegs shown at some point in 2015.

melodicrock

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Firefest live video shows on Rocktopia 5 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
The last Firefest has come and gone (a real pity it was the last one... it was absolutely amazing, and we'll definitely miss Firefest). So apart from the Rockumentary, there were indeed no shows recorded for a DVD release. Big bummer. So I'm back to stalking this here thread. Any estimates on when we can expect any 'new' (not necessarily from this year's Firefest) bootleg uploads? From what I can tell, the 'a new full show every week' uploads have come to an end, and it's been several months since the last one. So any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Go to topPage: 1...345678910
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site