Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Christian Kane
James Gaden

Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
jamesgade.co.uk
Christian Kane 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
Anybody heard any of Christian Kane's music? It certainly fits in the country/rock category. He's more well known as an actor with roles in Leverage and as Lindsey McDonald in Angel (so my girlfriend tells me) but his music is pretty damn good in my opinion. He made an album with his band just called 'Kane' and it was a good blend of southern rock and country, and he's been working on a new record with Bob Rock producing it in Nashville. I'm not a massive fan of the genre, but he accurately described his stuff as "People say I don't like country... but I like Kane". That summed me up. He's got a new EP out which is a great blend of rock, pop and country. You can buy it from his website and there's a free mp3 of the excellent song 'The House Rules' available there too.

Check out www.christiankane.com

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
JackCane

Groupie
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Hull, E.Yorkshire, UK Birthday: 03/01
Re:Christian Kane 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Hey James

Good call, but as for the Kane S/T i didn`t really enjoy it as it was a little too country & not enough rock for me, but i love the new stuff, way more rockier than before, looking forward to the full album

I have been listening to Blackwater James a lot just recently,(a band out or Nashville) the S/T album was released a couple of months ago & has a big kinda Silvertide/Black Stone Cherry/Classic Rock vibe, with maybe a little more southerness goin on, great stuff

check em out

www.myspace.com/blackwaterjames

Be Excellent To Each Other & Party On Dudes
James Gaden

Admin
graphgraph
jamesgade.co.uk
Re:Christian Kane 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
Cheers Jack, I will. My first impression on the first Kane record was the same, because my girlfriend Sara is a fan of Christian Kane as both an actor and musician, and she played me a couple of his new ones from Myspace. I thought they sounded great and tracked down his first album, but it didn't grab me like his new stuff. I have grown to really like it now, but it's more like an album to work to or sit back and enjoy, not an out and out rocker by any means. Really like the direction the EP is pointing towards - enough of the southern and country influence there, but with a much bigger rock bang!

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site