Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Where is the action?!
LeChef

Road Crew
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Where is the action?! 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Hi all!

I love this site, I really do. Lots of interesting stuff is posted here every week. There are almost 2000 registered members and I do not understand why there is so little action in the forum and chat rooms. So what can we do to make this place more exciting? I know that Berny and his team are working their off to run this site, they are not asking for money, advertisers or donations. If you ask me the least thing we all can do is to show them that we appreciate what they do. Establishing an active COMMUNITY could be the first step.

And no: I am not associated with Rocktopia, Fireworks Magazine or Transistor (apart from being a compatriot ).

All the best,

Tobi AKA LeChef

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hysteria

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Where is the action?! 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
LeChef wrote:
Hi all!

I love this site, I really do. Lots of interesting stuff is posted here every week. There are almost 2000 registered members and I do not understand why there is so little action in the forum and chat rooms. So what can we do to make this place more exciting? I know that Berny and his team are working their off to run this site, they are not asking for money, advertisers or donations. If you ask me the least thing we all can do is to show them that we appreciate what they do. Establishing an active COMMUNITY could be the first step.

And no: I am not associated with Rocktopia, Fireworks Magazine or Transistor (apart from being a compatriot ).

All the best,

Tobi AKA LeChef

100% AGREED!

My guess is that people our age sharing the same taste in music refuse to accept certain new things. And why would they if they can read all the latest forum bashings on the established sites, even if some of those sites are constantly asking for donations to keep their Punch-and-Judy shows alive.

Made in Switzerland
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Where is the action?! 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 20
Thanks guys, great to see some support. We cannot force people to post in our forums, but given the turf wars taking place in this (comparatively) small musical genre, the lack of 'action' is not too much of a surprise.

Let be realistic: If this was a site for hip-hop music, we would see far more action (bigger genre = less stubbornness).

It was a hard decision, but we need to be realistic:

This is off the records (because there isn't an official announcement yet), but by the end of the year, Rocktopia will become 'Hiptopia - a new dawn in rap music'.

It's time to move on ...

Best regards,

B.

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
LeChef

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Where is the action?! 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Pretty bold statement coming from a guy who managed to break a window with a remote control when he watched the Drop It Like It's Hot video by Snoop Dogg ....

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Where is the action?! 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 20
LeChef wrote:
Pretty bold statement coming from a guy who managed to break a window with a remote control when he watched the Drop It Like It's Hot video by Snoop Dogg ....

SHHHHHH!

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site