Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Firefest Final Fling Updates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Firefest Final Fling Updates
Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Firefest Final Fling Updates 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
And so it begins ...

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Firefest Final Fling Updates 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
Friday, 24th

Two well received sets from ANGELS OR KINGS and RED RUM have got the FIREFEST party well and truly started!

NOTTINGHAM ROCK CITY is well and truly packed to the rafters as CIRCUS MAXIMUS take to the stage.

Class musicians and a class band - really Rocking this crowd!

A few of the fans that favour the more fluffy variety are finding them slightly too heavy! Excuse me!??

Quote from a FIREFESTER friend of mine; "Are you watching CIRCUS MAXIMUS? WOW!!!!"

Several of the FIREWORKS writers suitably impressed, Ian Johnson particularly...well, he is reviewing them by request! More than impressed myself!

Excellent set - fantastic sound - wall of melody surrounding the auditorium!

It's a privilege to be watching this band!

45 minutes of exceptional music - all hail CIRCUS MAXIMUS!!!

Chance for some people to get a bite to eat...

And SHY take to the stage...

What a reception for these Brummie Melodic Rockers!!! The FIREFEST crowd are loving these guys!!

'Emergency' has gone down a storm!

Tony Mills taking a little time out to reflect on the loss of guitarist Steve Harris and a good friend and fan of the band...

'When The Love Is Over' dedicated to the both of them.

Truly exceptional response from the FIREFEST crowd to SHY!!! Raising the roof!!!

Finishing with 'Tear Down The Walls' - the FIREFEST crowd have given SHY a phenomenal reception - I must admit I didn't expect that...

The crowd response raised SHY to another level - some of them looked a little overwhelmed by the response - you could tell Tony Mills was pleased but he kept his cool - what a pro!

Waiting for THE POODLES to come on stage now...my turn for a review

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
The Poodles took to the stage with singer Jakob Samuel bedecked in chequered strides, waistcoat, leather jacket and sporting a bowler hat very reminiscent of Gary Cherone of Extreme.

The Poodles are definitely in a party mood!

Everything seems effortless as 'Metal Will Stand Tall' is played with aplomb.

Great set spanning their five albums 'Like No Tomorrow' from 'Clash Of The Elements'for example...

Jakob realy hitting those high notes - superb!

Plenty of 'Whoa whoas'

Do you know it's been five years since The Poodles were here?

A cracking set and one that got most of the crowd excited

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
TEN next up...

Gonna be playing some songs off of their new album no doubt...think it's probably selling well based on pre-orders

Anyone go to the Album launch party on Thursday? Two-for-one offer...you got the IN FAITH launch album party too!

Seven guys on stage courtesy of three guitarists - now that's just greedy!!

Gary, without hair these days still in great voice...

A blitz of hits shall we say...Steve McKenna doing his usual solid bass job - top man!!

Seems a bit flat with the audience...familiarity?

A good crowd response but not tremendous.

The boys from H.e.a.t. next up...the expectation is palpable...

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
H.e.a.t. always deliver!!

Stunning as ever!!

What can be said about this band that hasn't already been said?

As usual, if you weren't there you missed a treat!!

Band of the day, as most people predicted.

Erik Gronwall even had time to crowd surf to the back of the audience before the crowd deided not to turn him round so he walked through the crowd back to the stage

FANTASTIC as ever! The H.e.a.t. juggernaut rumbles on!!!

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
SATURDAY, 25TH

RAGE OF ANGELS took the stage with massive expectations as Ged Rylands related to me the previous night - basically they were following H.e.a.t. ...as he quite rightly alluded too lol

An excellent set with a packed audience - not many late-comers to this performance!

A set culled from their debut 'Dreamworld' album from last year that received a tonne of plaudits, and quite rightly so...

Ged on rhythm, Neil Fraser on lead, Gav Cooper bass, Portuguese Joao Colaco on drums, Irvin Parratt taking Ged's duties on keys and Rick Chase filling in for all the superstar vocalists from the album (such as Danny Vaughn) on vocals.

Very well received by the fans and they even brought on the ubiquitous Tommy Denander as star guest to play on 'Spinnin' Wheel'

Excellent set by RAGE OF ANGELS!

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
FROM THE FIRE next up...

J.D. Kelly on vocals and keys (keyboard player due to fill in couldn't make it from the States to play or so I was informed) - Tommy Lafferty on guitar - Michael Sciotto on drums and totally unexpected, but THE John McCoy on bass (Yes, he of MAMMOTH and IAN GILLAN fame and last heard working in a trio with ex GILLAN guitarist Bernie Torme and drummer Robin Guy)

Great set - well received by the FIREFEST audience - an unexpected pleasure for quite a few.

A set-list culled from 'Thirty Days, Dirty Nights' from way back in 1991 and brand new album 'Evil Men Do'.

'Spark And Flame' featured guest vocalist, the lovely ISSA OVERSVEEN coming on to cheers and whoops from the males in the audience...but then she was wearing a short black dress and stiletto boots...but what a great job she did covering HARLOW's Theresa Straley!

The guys were absolutely thrilled to have been invited to this great festival they'd heard so much about.

FROM THE FIRE Surprise of the day for some in the audience!

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
BOULEVARD next band up...

The line-up for FIREFEST is David Forbes (vocals), Mark Holden (Saxohone), Andrew Johns (Keys), Randall Stoll (Drums), Tom Christiansen (Bass), David Corman (Guitar)

Opening with 'Dream On' which took your breath away BOULEVARD never let slip.

They had the FIREFEST crowd in the palm of their hands as David Forbes' vocals were absolutely flawless!!!

All the faves from 'Blvd' and 'Into The Street' were aired.

Sensational stuff!! This band were exceptional - musicianship, performance, delivery - how good were they!?

WOW!! It's going to take some to top this performance!!

A lot of the 'lightweight' bands can come across as quite pedestrian at times - but not this lot!1

They HAVE to come back to the UK!!

Speaking to my fellow writers and knowledgeable sorts - all were in agreement - an OUTSTANDING SET!!!

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
Coming up next - BABYLON A.D.

For this weekend we have Derek Davis on vocals, Dan De La Rosa and Ron Freschi on guitars, Jamey Pacheco on drums and Robb Reid on bass Babylon fans.

One of the heavier brigade, so expect to see the pure AORsters running away!

No, only joking...walking away...

Nah, in all seriousness, time for them to grab a bite to eat...

Band still look pretty good for their ages - Derek's hair is shorter these days but could still pull a 20-something I'm guessing...hang on...is he married? Sorry if you are buddy

Mind you, the bar maid I've been chatting to all weekend is 20-something and gorgeous...better not tell any of the bands, eh?

Great set, great performance - the crowd were really appreciative of BABYLON A.D. - good to see!

Everyone seemed to know 'Bang Go The Bells' - went down a storm!

I really enjoyed the good solid Melodic Heavy Metal of these American boys - took me back a few years!

Classic Rock Carl

Groupie
graphgraph
PRETTY MAIDS are next band up folks

Ronnie Atkins and Ken Hammer are stalwarts of course. Rene Shades is the bassist, Allan Tschicaja the drummer and Morten Sandager on keyboards.

Another very heavy set - good stuff indeed!!

'Rodeo' is aired amongst some of the old stuff - that brought out a few smiles - not a preictable set. Someone did remark however it could be the same set they've done on their European tour recently.

I wasn't following them around Europe so off the top of my head I couldn't tell you - sorry!

The crowd are enjoying this. But to be fair every band has had a very good reception today.

'Little Drops Of Heaven' - well, it just had to be played didn't it? AWESOME song!!

PRETTY MAIDS got due respect from the FIREFEST crowd

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site