Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-)
JackCane

Groupie
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Hull, E.Yorkshire, UK Birthday: 03/01
Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
hope to meet a few more people into this style of Rock Music on here as for the most part i seem to be the only one everywhere else i go , anyway i`m into this stuff in a big way & there are way to many bands to mention here that i enjoy , I`m always on the lookout for something new so if you think you have something give me a shout what i`m listening to & enjoying at the moment are former Meat Loaf backing singer CC Coletti - Woodstock Lane , if your into Sass Jordan you`ll love this girl, CC Coletti also covers Fast Lane Addiction on the album which was orginally done by Shannon Curfman & coincidentally Shannon Curfman also has an excellent new album out now titled What Your Gettin Into, the album includes a great cover of Clapton's The Core which is a duet with Joe Bonamassa & JB also plays guitar on this track, there`s also a real muscular cover of Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well with some real powerhouse vocals from Ms Curfman & even a version of Queen's Dragon Attack

there are 4 tracks from the new album up on her myspace page if you fancy a listen
www.myspace.com/shannoncurfman

CC Coletti
www.myspace.com/cccoletti

Oh nearly forgot while i was mentioning CC Colettie being Meats backing singer i should have also mentioned that his Daughter Pearl also has her debut out now titled Little Immaculate White Fox & is very similar to the CC Coletti album in style

www.myspace.com/pearl

got anything for me ?

Last Edit: 2010/02/21 15:44 By JackCane.
Be Excellent To Each Other & Party On Dudes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
PJS

Top Of The Bill
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Bury, Greater Manchester, England Birthday: 03/14
Re:Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Indeed, Jack - but I am sure you are already aware of them, and I am more likely to learn from you!

I have reviewed current/recent albums by the following for Fireworks #39:

BLACKBERRY SMOKE
KENTUCKY HEADHUNTERS
SWAMPDAWAMP
KIMBERLEY DAHME

and loved them all. Kimberley Dahme's album has had a mauling elsewhere, but listened to with an open mind, there's much to commend it.

I'm trying to get to hear what the Sulentic Brothers band are like. Please enlighten me, Jack... Thanks!

Paul

JackCane

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
The first 3 bands you mention i love, Blackberry Smoke are probably THE most authentic Souther Rock band around today & Kentucky Headhunters have long been favourites of mine, as for your question about the Sulentic Bros, Musically they are great but for me Dave Sulentics voice is somewhat of an aqquired taste rather like that of Gig Michaels of Swampdawamp , good band tho nonetheless & they`ve been doin it for 16yrs or so so they must have something, you can check em out on myspace (everybody's got one ), the Kimberley Dahme was a little too country/pop/light for me

www.myspace.com/thesulenticbrothersband

wolf 359

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
When I was younger, I adored Southern Rock, had the Confederate Flag on my wall and could yeehaw with the best of them. I saw Blackfoot many times and they are still my all time fave Southern band. Then for some reason Southern rock took a back seat to melodic rock for me and I fell way out of touch with what was going on in the scene.
Thank God that you have posted the names of some of the new bands playing Southern rock, who I will be checking out as soon as, keep them coming. Maybe the South will rise again at the wolf's den .

JackCane

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3

Last Edit: 2010/03/06 17:58 By JackCane.
wolf 359

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Yeeehaw. Howdy folks :-) 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
I'll check it out thanks Jack.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site