Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Whitesnake on Frontiers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Whitesnake on Frontiers
Buz

8-track
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Whitesnake on Frontiers 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I've rarely been disappointed with any album Coverdale has appeared on in his entire career. I agree that "Restless Heart" was probably when he was at his lowest point, but even on that you had some great songs like the title track, "Woman Trouble Blues", "All In The Name Of Love" and "Too Many Tears" (I prefer it to the "Into The Light" version).

Agree about the Brian Howe record - great stuff!

There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Buz Gaden.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Orinoko

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Whitesnake on Frontiers 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
whitesnake 87 was awesome, slip of the tonge was ok just for steve vai. thought the new one was quite good. i downloaded some stuff which had all different songs on from early stuff and with jimmy page. didn't like much of the old stuff but the tracks with jimmy weren't bad. is that album worth getting?

James Gaden

Admin
graphgraph
jamesgade.co.uk
Re:Whitesnake on Frontiers 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I'd say absolutely, Coverdale/Page was a great record. Not a weak one on it for my money, and if you're into Zeppelin there's probably enough in the style of Jimmy's playing and writing on it to be of interest to you.

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
darkblue

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Whitesnake on Frontiers 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I'll back up that.

Coverdale/Page is an excellent album that still sounds fresh all these years down the line and whilst many sneered at old Cov' going all Zep, it's only because Page was doing what comes naturally to him.

Have to say I'm a huge fan of early Whitesnake, to my ears it's blues based music with bags of heart and balls!

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site