Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 20
Hi all,

Out of curiosity: Which magazine do you prefer? Fireworks Magazine or Classic Rock Magazine? Which one is better value for money, covers more of your favourite bands, has a better cover CD, etc.? Do you prefer reviews with ratings (e.g. 75 out of 100, four out of five stars, etc.) or the ratingless reviews in Fireworks Mag (i.e. no 'official' ratings, because - according to the Fireworks team ...

'a review is just one person's opinion, so we would rather people read our reviews to get a feel for the album in question' and ...

'any review with a low rating is not read by the vast majority of readers'

Do you agree or disagree?

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
BobaFett

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Classic Rock started out as a really good magazine, but has since become very much a trip into the past. It still has some excellent articles, but lately has succumbed to the deadly 'lists' craze - that's just a cheap and lazy way to fill space!

Fireworks is more what Kerrang! used to be in the 80's .. I love the album reviews cos they are so many and so detailed .. it's a joy reading through them and deciding which albums to buy over the next few months .. and I prefer no ratings, cos with low ratings, you tend to skip reading those. And Fireworks has many, many of the inependent label album reviews ... seems Classic Rock only cater to the majors ... HOW can they only have 8 or so pages of reviews .. with almost as many pages for re-issues?? Fireworks has LOADS of reviews per issue, as well as interviews with the smaller bands I want to read about. Plus I get to hear many of these bands on the cover CD!!

I'm curious to see how this new 'Classic Rock presents AOR' magazine compares to Fireworks, although I think for sure there is room for both.

A more fun debate would be Fireworks v's Powerplay, hahaha!!

BobaFett

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Speaking of Powerplay, how come Fireworks can have the most amazing covers, but Powerplay seems stuck with a monotonous single colour logo (crappy brick red) and luminous yellow text. Don't they have a proper graphic designer? And let's not start about the editorial photos .. I mean, WTF? But always good for a laugh ...

Hysteria

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
Hey Boba! Good points you made. Here in Switzerland, we can buy Classic Rock Magazine at most of the larger news agents. I usually get my copy of Fireworks by mail order, so I can compare both. I generally find Fireworks Magazine more 'honest' and therefore better, although I really miss some sort of ratings for reviews. But I guess that's just my personal taste.

Keep the lightsaber up!

Last Edit: 2010/09/26 22:19 By Hysteria.
Made in Switzerland
Thetrooper67

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks Magazine VS Classic Rock Magazine 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Fireworks is a lot better magazine,at least Fireworks is 100% rock unlike Classic Crock sometimes.
Used to be a Classic Rock subscriber but most issues nowadays are not worth looking at.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site