Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Are you an AOR-Jihadist?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Are you an AOR-Jihadist?
Woody

Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Woody's Rock Reviews Location: Deepest Darkest Black Country
Are you an AOR-Jihadist? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
starting to worry i might be one of these fanatical nutters.......i just wish i could be trendy, get with the program, listen to those who know better and not enjoy modern aor releases......think i'll probably implode on VEGA day.......

Woody

The administrator has disabled public write access.
darkblue

Support Act
graphgraph
Re: Are you an AOR-Jihadist? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Can't say it worries me.

Trendy? I never managed that, in fact I've always tried my hardest to avoid it!

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Are you an AOR-Jihadist? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 20
Aren't we the last line of defence?

I wouldn't be too worried about being 'trendy', as these days every popular trend (especially when it comes to music) is corporate-driven anyway (to an extent that simply did not exist 20 years ago). What are the 'modern' alternatives to good, old fashioned rock or even pop music? C**p like this?

Lady Gaga

or ...

BrokeNCYDE

There are only very few new (so called 'mainstream') songs I like, this one is a good example:

Hurts - Wonderful Life

Why? Because it reminds me of the 80s! Yes, I like 80s synth pop (great melodies minus the guitars), and this song fills a gap in the market that's been vacant since 1989. In the current climate where every song in the charts could have been sung by at least ten other artists, it's really refreshing to see something enjoyably unique.

But doesn't the same principle count for modern AOR & melodic rock songs, too? Isn't classic rock becoming more and more 'refreshing' the more you hear dull carbon copy bands on the radio?

One day, there will be one or two massive hit singles that lead to the revival of our favourite genre.

The question is not *if* this is ever going to happen, the question is:

*When* will it happen?

Last Edit: 2010/10/08 23:54 By Berny.
Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Re:Are you an AOR-Jihadist? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
I know this term has be coined as an insult for people who are little extreme in their love of the scene, but it's hitting and sticking on the wrong people as it's been used to imply anyone who likes modern aor releases.

Personally there's lost of crap out there, BUT there is also plenty of really good Melodic Rock and AOR too, why shouldn't we say we like those release we all indvidually enjoy, even though others may disagree?

I know there's loads of music i like others hate! and ofcourse vice versa! BUT i don't feel the need to rubbish someone's opnion becuase i disagree with it, yeah say i don't like it and why. But to get into name calling and uneeded arguments to "Justify" their opinons is ridiculous.

I agree Berny AOR will come full circle like all other musical trends, It won't be as we sort of know it at the moment, and it won't be the oldgaurd muscians who usher it in.....it'll be a young band influenced by the AOR sound with their own take on it....

Personally i really do think if everyone gets behind em regardless of their up to date image and lack of big hair and spandex, i think WHEN is....

December 2010 VEGA day......

Woody

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Totally agree, and you know what? I even think that big hair will become fashionable again ...

But: Could you please explain what 'VEGA' means? I suppose you are not talking about the bright star in the night sky? AOR bands from outer space?!

Woody

Admin
graphgraph
hahaha yeah i don't word that last bit very well, I'm talking about my new favourite band VEGA featuring Tom & James Martin (were not worthy!) and Nick Workman! Should be a huge release when it comes out in December!

www.myspace.com/vegaofficial

Woody

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Thanks Woody!

Wow, the demo song is great. Are there more samples online?

Woody

Admin
graphgraph
Unfortunatley that's the only song you can listen to officially.

It's due out on Frontiers Records in December it has been produced by John Greatwood and mastered by Dennis Ward.

There should be a video out for their debut album title track "Kiss Of Life" in the not to distant future. Can't wait!!!!

I've been very fortunate to hear a couple of songs from the album, and they are ALL monsters, this is definitley gonna be my album of the year and i can't bloody wait to get my hands on it!......oh and i'm a little bit excitable about seeing the band live too with them been a UK band i hope i get lots of chances to see them live!

check out Tom & James Martin Wiki page to see how talented these guys are...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_and_Tom_Martin

Woody

darkblue

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Are you an AOR-Jihadist? 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Nice link Woody. I'm listening to the track now and it's pretty damn excellent!

To go back to your inital thoughts.

Be proud of your music, I know I am, but no you shouldn't have to out up with abuse for it. Plenty of peeople I know don't understand my passion for rock music, but I'm glad to say they don't abuse me about it.

Long Live Rock!

Last Edit: 2010/10/12 02:07 By darkblue.
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site