Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Reggie Knighton Band
James Gaden

Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
jamesgade.co.uk
Reggie Knighton Band 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2
Has anybody listened to this album that Rock Candy recently reissued? I must admit I'd never heard of him, and the only member of his band I had was Brian Ray, whose solo album I reviewed ages ago and has recently been in Paul McCartney's band. Anyway, it was getting all kinds of good things said about it, so I checked it out and was seriously impressed. It's a weird record, lyrically off the wall and humourous, and sounds like a lot of things while not really sounding like anybody if you know what I mean. Quirky, awesome production in the Queen style with huge drums like John Bonham, all for a bunch of upbeat power pop rockers. Rock Candy don't reissue much in the way of dead wood, and this must rank as one of my favourite things they've put out. Anyone else heard it / rediscovered it?

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
wolf 359

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Reggie Knighton Band 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 1
Had this one on tape for years and always found it a very interesting if quirky hard rock release. And while I'm sure a lot of people just won't get what Reggie is all about, if you take the time this album will work it's magic over you.

Also for me this is the kind of stuff Rock Candy should be re-releasing, the more obscure yet brilliant AOR.melodic rock that few people have heard. Now where's the Teri De Sario, Moscara, and NRG CD's ?.

James Gaden

Admin
graphgraph
jamesgade.co.uk
Re:Reggie Knighton Band 9 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2
Indeed - they put out Cobra and Montrose, both of which are obviously essential albums, but I already had them both on CD in the first place. It's great that they dusted off this record and made it available on CD. I'd seen a lot of good reports about it when they put it back out there and I'd love them to do the same with other albums that never got a shot on CD, if they're as good as this!

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site