Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard
Frey

8-track
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello all you fellow rockers!
I'd like to introduce you to some free melodic rock music. We've been working on these songs with a friend of mine for a couple of years, as permitted by work and family schedules, and finally last July we felt ready to make an Internet release. Let me provide you the link: listen on Jamendo

This is not another ad hoc garageband project, mind you. We've been rocking and rolling for about 12 years, ranging from pop to hard rock. So Sunset Boulevard is just the latest (and liveliest) in our continuum. That said, we're not professionals either, and can't invest as much time and money into music-making as we might want to. At the end of the day though, I'm very happy with our songs, both as compositions and in sound quality.

As far as influences go, first bands that come to mind are Journey and Whitesnake. Def Leppard is probably out there, as well as Survivor, Heart and Harlan Cage. I could go on and on - the two of us grew up listening to 80's rock/heavy bands. Some people tell us "you sound too eighties, do something original" and we take that as a compliment. I guess in a way we're chasing that sound that we loved as kids.

Okay I think that's enough of me ranting. Like I said, it's all free to listen and download on Jamendo, no strings attached. If you'd like to give us feedback, you can write an album review on Jamendo, or post it here. I'll check back from time to time.

Thank you for your attention
Peace, Love and above all.. Rock!
-Simo Sainio, keyboardist, backup vocalist and bassist for Sunset Boulevard

The administrator has disabled public write access.
LeChef

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
"you sound too eighties, do something original"

There's either good music, or bad music ... and you guys sound absolutely GREAT!

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 20
LeChef wrote:
"you sound too eighties, do something original"

There's either good music, or bad music ... and you guys sound absolutely GREAT!

I'll second that. VERY NICE stuff for a "semi-pro" project (this is by no means meant to sound derogatory!). Wish that more bands would try (or be brave enough) to "sound too eighties" ... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
Frey

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Finnish indie AOR-duo: Sunset Boulevard 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Berny wrote:

I'll second that. VERY NICE stuff for a "semi-pro" project (this is by no means meant to sound derogatory!).

Thanks for the comments, really glad you're liking it. And no offense taken of course.. semi-pro is taking it a bit further than I'd say myself, actually, I'd settle for "amateur"

Anyhoo, keep rocking!

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site