Fireworks
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hi from North West England
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Hi from North West England
SiPieFace

8-track
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Hi from North West England 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi to all

New to the forum but not the music. Been listening to Melodic Hard Rock since the mid 80's and not stopped since and usually find my new stuff via Arfm.

Music wise the only issue I have is that both then and now none of my mates were (inexplicably!) into the same music as me. I'm now married with kids, mortgaged up, run my own company but want to let my (thinning, ahem) down by going to some gigs such as Firefest but there's no AOR pubs near me to make new acquaintances. So my question is where do people into this great music digitally hang out on the net or physically hang out in the North West of England?

Cheers, Simon

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Hi from North West England 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 20
Hi Simon,

Thanks for joining Rocktopia & welcome aboard! This site will become the perfect place to "digitally hang out". If you prefer to hang out "physically", I am sure some of the other forum members can point you to the right direction.

Best regards,

B.

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
BLM

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Hi from North West England 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Well strangely enough, the majority of the Fireworks team are from the North West of England. There's a few monthly nights in Manchester and Maximes in Wigan that cater for melodic rock ...
Whereabouts are you based?

SiPieFace

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Hi from North West England 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Been away for a week and missed this.

I'm over in Warrington. I'm interested in the monthly nights, Manchester or Wigan are good for me. Are we talking live bands or DJ's/pre-recorded music? I'd like to get out and see more live bands.

SiPieFace

8-track
graphgraph
Re:Hi from North West England 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Would really appreciate more info. What are the days/times of the nights in Wigan or Manchester? Is there a website with info?

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site