Fireworks
Error
  • JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA!
STARFIRE

Keyboardist, Guitarist & Vocalist
Road Crew
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
26911198 Gender: Male dairennl STARFIRE Official Website dairenn dairennlombard dairennlmbrd Location: North Hollywood, CA; USA Birthday: 06/05
Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Greetings and salutations, one and all--

I have been lurking around for quite a bit as of late because I've been quite busy about my own projects however, I wanted to take this rare opportunity I had to formally introduce myself to the universe of Rocktopia.

For starters, I am a huge fan of the Aohra Rock Podcast with Pilar Sanchez; such a fine selection and many purchases of CDs have come as a direct result of listening to her podcast. The interview she had with Jimi Jameson formerly of Survivor was particularly enjoyable.

I've been into melodic rock since they were calling it "heavy metal" in the 1980s thanks to my dad keeping it on stations like 94.7 KMET, 95.5 KLOS and 97.1 KLSX so that I could get exposed to Van Halen, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Dio and the like. I can also thank his influence on my decision to start learning piano and guitar in 1986. He, sadly, passed away almost three years ago so now when I perform or record new music, I do it to honor his memory.

These days I follow Frontiers Records, Lion Records, AOR Heaven and Z Records pretty closely because as fun as the classics are, there's nothing more energizing than to listen to NEW music by NEW bands in the AOR and Melodic Rock generes. Of course, I enjoy it all... I am a proud customer of NEH Records here in the United States purchasing CDs from artists like Stan Bush, Robin Beck and Jeff Soto Scott just as eagerly as I do from Motley Crue, Ratt, Mr. Big and Whitesnake. I'm also into prog metal acts like the geniuses with Seventh Wonder; their NEW album they released late last year is INSANELY good.

I have some works in the can and in another year or so, I will be making my own contribution to the world of melodic rock and I sincerely hope the fans of the genre enjoy it. It's my life's work and I've put every ounce of who and what I am into it the way that all of these other fine artists like Terry Brock and James Christian have. I am looking forward to the feedback at such time.

I'm pretty jealous about FireFest... The United Kingdom is definitely blessed to have such a marvelous festival to visit. Here in the United States, all the way on the east coast, we DO have the M3 festival and even closer to me was Rocklohoma (in Oklahoma) but, sadly, they've sold out to the modern alt rock grunge scene in their new alliance with AEG (the owners of Staples Center) so there are less bands like Extreme or White Lion and more stuff like Staind. Bleh.

I am particularly eager to meet fans AND musicians in love with Melodic Rock in the southern California area because we've got to team up and put the defibrillator to the rock music scene out here. It is DEAD! And that's such a shame because 2011 is shaping up to be the greatest year for Melodic Rock ever.

Well I've rambled on enough for now. Good to introduce myself and I look forward to chatting it up with everyone else here as time goes on.

Rock on,
Dairenn Lombard
Recording Artist
STARFIRE
Amazon.com | Facebook
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
Hi Starfire,

Thanks for your great introduction, good to have you aboard! Have you been at one of the previous Firefest festivals?

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
STARFIRE

Keyboardist, Guitarist & Vocalist
Road Crew
graphgraph
26911198 Gender: Male dairennl STARFIRE Official Website dairenn dairennlombard dairennlmbrd Location: North Hollywood, CA; USA Birthday: 06/05
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
I wish!!

I've heard some bootleg audio from some of the live shows as well as official recordings made available on Frontiers and I am *stunned*. I truly wish we could get shows like that here in California. Our music scene has nothing on what the UK is doing these days.

Rock on,
Dairenn Lombard
Recording Artist
STARFIRE
Amazon.com | Facebook
Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
Hi Starfire,

Have you watched any of the bootleg videos filmed at previous Firefests? Check out the Rocktopia TV section ("MAIN MENU" -> "ROCKTOPIA TV" (left side on the main page)). Have fun!

Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
mikey

Road Crew
graphgraph
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
hi starfire...good to hear what you like,keep on with what you are doing and very good to have you on rocktopia.

darkblue

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
Great intro post Starfire, I especially loved your "back when they were calling it Heavy Metal" part.

Spot on!!!!

Hysteria

Support Act
graphgraph
Re:Greetings from North Hollywood, California - USA! 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
Welcome aboard STARFIRE! Greetings from Switzerland to sunny California.

Made in Switzerland
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop

This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.

I accept cookies from this site